Friday, March 25, 2005

Flamefest, Concluded. (Possibly)

Well, Susan Hayes resigned. Can't say that it's much of a surprise, really. And, it comes at an especially appropriate time. Spring is in the air; it's time for a fresh start.

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the way the party office handled itself in the run up to the 2004 election, but I'm not particularly thrilled with the way the "Petitioners" handled themselves either. Although the whole episode did in fact provide plentiful free entertainment, and one of the most thrilling meetings I've ever attended in my life, so that was something. Anyhoo, here's hoping that a good compromise candidate with a reasonable and sane head on his/her shoulders emerges.

I can't help wondering if this really is entirely over, though. What's going to happen next? Stay tuned for As The Party Turns....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home